Imagined and organized by GreenBook, and made possible by Dynata, the Insight Innovation Competition helps entrepreneurs bring disruptive ideas to life while connecting brands to untapped sources of competitive advantage through deeper insights.
How It Works:
- Early-stage companies submit their innovative idea to the Insight Innovation Competition website.
- The market research industry votes on the ideas that have merit. Submissions are open until March 15 and voting is open until March 22 at 5pm CST.
- Once voting closes, the five finalists with the most votes (and possibly a wildcard) will move on to pitch at the formal judging session taking place during an IIeX conference.
- The last “wildcard” spot will be given to a company selected by attendees during the IIeX conference. A special “Meet the Startups” session will occur, during which attendees will vote for who receives the final competition spot.
- Finalists will give a five-minute pitch to a panel of judges during IIeX North America 2019 that is open to all event attendees.
- The winner will be announced at the close of the conference, and receive an investment of $20,000, mentoring, and exposure to potential funding partners.
The Competition has been a huge success story. It’s a win for everybody: entrepreneurs with great ideas for improving the business of insights, investors looking for new opportunities in the insights space, and the corporate-side end-users of market research who are looking for new solutions.
Past winners have gone on to great success and include:
Stephen Phillips, CEO of past IIC winner Zappi, said winning “not only helped us feel great about what we were doing but also helped us attract both clients and potential investors.”
Similarly, according to David Johnson of Decooda, winning the IIC “helped accelerate the entrance of our company into the marketplace, gave us massive visibility to potential partners and clients, and led very directly to new business.”
The $20,000 cash prize is sponsored by Dynata, and of course, another benefit of participation is the ability to connect with and explore possible relationships with potential partners, including the many IIeX Corporate Partners who will be in attendance at the conference.
Submissions and voting take place on the Insight Innovation Competition website. Submissions are open until March 15 and voting is open until March 22 at 5pm CST.
The sooner you submit, the more time you will have to be included in the voting. Good luck!