Blockchain has emerged as the hot topic du jour across many categories, including insights. However, there is a general lack of awareness of what blockchain is (and isn’t) as well as much confusion on what the business application potential for this technology could be.
The issues of data privacy and sample quality have primarily driven consideration of how blockchain might (or might not!) be applicable to the insights industry, although many variations related to data management, in general, have also been discussed. We are witnessing the emergence of numerous startups working on blockchain applications related to the insights industry while there is a growing debate on whether the technology is even fit for purpose. Are we are on the cusp of the next great disruptive technology for research (and the world)?
Over the past 20 years the industry has seen similar initial low awareness and expectations around the adoption of online data collection, DIY platforms, mobile, automation and AI and within 2-3 years each emerged as major trends changing the industry. Only time will tell if blockchain follows a similar trajectory, but it would be foolish for the insights industry to not pay attention to the signals and develop plans just in case. With that in mind, join this special Greenbook webinar with a panel of “in the trenches” experts as we explore the topic of “The Emerging Blockchain Ecosystem in Insights & What it Means for You”
The format for this one-hour webinar will be two-minute intros from each panelist on their specific play on blockchain to give examples of the various opportunities being explored. This will be followed by a panel discussion exploring such topics as:
- What the heck is blockchain?
- Why should I care about blockchain?
- The difference between blockchain, tokens and cryptocurrencies
- Benefits for insights clients
- Benefits for insights providers
- Benefits for consumers
- Current market impact (who wins, who loses and how)
- What about data quality, data privacy and GDPR?
- How fast is this moving?
- How does the industry prepare?
Moderator: Larry Friedman, Editor, GreenBook Blog
- Rolfe Swinton, Director of Data Assets, GfK
- Jason Buchanan, Co-Founder, MRChain
- Henry Chan, CEO, PREDIQT
- Owen Hanks, CEO & Co-Founder, Measure Protocol
- Dan Kidd, CRO, Datawallet
- Claudio Lima, PhD, Chairman, IEEE NIST Blockchain Technical Committee
- Stephan Shakespeare, CEO & Founder, YouGov plc
- Clint Taylor, Executive Technology Strategist, SVP, Sentient Decision Scienc3
- Ted Waz, CEO, The Opinion Economy, Inc