Of the 2,831 unique links shared on the Twitter #MRX hashtag over the past two weeks, here are 10 of the most retweeted…
- The Future Consumer: Households in 2030 – Euromonitor expects 120 million new single-person households to be added over the next 14 years, driven by delayed relationships and the elderly outliving their spouses. Couples with children will be the slowest-growing segment.
- Beyond Cyber Security: How to Create an Information Security Culture – Louisa Thistlethwaite of FlexMR offers five tips for market researchers to create an “information security culture”: 1) have senior execs take the lead; 2) include security in corporate objectives; 3) provide creative training; 4) discuss security frequently; and 5) promote transparency not fear.
- Best Practices for Digital Marketing in the Market Research Space – Nicole Burford of GutCheck discusses the importance of segmenting your audience to provide the right content for the right people at the right time in their path to purchase.
- Top 5 Best Practices for Market Research Incentives – Writing for RWConnect, Kristin Luck discusses best practices for incentives, including tailoring them to the audience being surveyed and delivering them instantly.
- 5 Ways B2B Research Can Benefit from Mobile Ethnography – Writing for ESOMAR, Daniel Mullins of B2B International discusses five benefits of mobile ethnography: 1) provide accurate, in-the-moment insights; 2) capture contextual data; 3) develop real-life stories; 4) capture survey data, photos, and videos; and 5) more efficiently conduct ethnographies.
- MRS Reissues Sugging Advice in Wake of Tory Probe – The MRS encourages the British public to report “traders and organizations using the guise of research as a means of generating sales (sugging) or fundraising (frugging).”
- The Future of Retail Depends on the Millennial Consumer – Writing for TMRE, Jailene Peralta summarizes research showing that increasing student debt and rising unemployment for Millennials are reducing expendable income and decreasing retail shopping by this generational cohort.
- Prediction Report Launched by MRS Delphi Group – The Market Research Society has issued a new prediction report, “Prediction and Planning in an Uncertain World,” containing expert takes on the issue and case studies on integrating research into forecasting.
- 6 Keys for Conveying What Participants Want to Communicate – Mike Brown of Brainzooming untangles the complexity of reporting employee feedback “comments EXACTLY as they stated them.”
- Sampling: A Primer – Kevin Gray interviews Stas Kolenikov of Abt Associates about keys to sampling. On sampling social media, Stas says, “[It’s] a strange world, at least as far as trying to do research goes. Twitter is full of bots and business accounts. Some people have multiple accounts, and may behave differently on them, while other people may only post sporadically. One needs to distinguish the population of tweets, the population of accounts, its subpopulation of accounts that are active, and the population of humans behind these accounts.”
Note: This list is ordered by the relative measure of each link’s influence in the first week it debuted in the weekly Top 5. A link’s influence is a tally of the influence of each Twitter user who shared the link and tagged it #MRX, ignoring retweets from closely related accounts. The following links are excluded: links promoting RTs for prizes, links promoting events in the next week, pages not in English, and links outside of the research industry (sorry, Bollywood).