By Jeffrey Henning
Of the 14,085 unique links shared on #MRX in the past two weeks, here are 10 of the most retweeted…
- MarketResearch.com Acquires The Freedonia Group – MarketResearch.com, the noted reseller of research reports, has vertically integrated, acquiring The Freedonia Group, which publishes over 100 industry reports each year.
- 13 Potential Game-changing Companies from The Insight Innovation Competition EU 2016 – Lenny Murphy writes, “Congrats to the 6 finalists of the IIEX Competition, going on for a shot at $25,000 & #MRX fame!”
- How to Succeed in Survey Invitations (According to Respondents)– Accelerant Research polled its online panel, recruited from dozens of different methods, about the acceptability of different modes of survey invitations. Writing for the Marketing Research Association blog, Bill McDowell of Accelerant Research described the results: most acceptable were emails, receipts, and postal mail; least acceptable were robocalls and door-to-door invites.
- Social Media Listening Is Here To Stay!– Writing for RW Connect, Michalis A. Michael of Digital MR argues that “Next generation market research comprises 3 pillars of data collection: Asking, ‘Listening’ (metaphorically speaking), and Tracking Behavior.”
- A Refresher on Regression Analysis– Amy Gallo of the Harvard Business Review interviewed Tom Redman, author of Data Driven: Profiting from Your Most Important Business Asset, regarding how business managers should think about regression analysis.
- Who Are The Top 20 Influencers in Big Data?– Writing for Forbes, Haydn Shaughnessy used Traackr to identify the Top 20 influencers in Big Data.
- Going Beyond the Gilded Cage – Elina Halonen of The Irrational Agency discussed a study by Women In Research (WIRe) looking at the impact that gender stereotypes have on researchers’ careers. (Subscription required.)
- Ipsos MORI’s Ben Page on Media Convergence and the Resilience of Postal Surveys– Bronwen Morgan of Research Live interviews Ben Page of Ipsos MORI. (Video.)
- Infographic: Marketers are Spending 500% More on Millennials Than All Others Combined – According to research by ad-tech firm Turn, recapped by Marty Swant in Ad Age, advertising expenditures targeting Millennials are 5 times those targeting the older generations combined.
- How To Do Market Research – 8 Startup Advisors Weigh In – Jeff Totey curates content from eight experts on using market research for new product development.
Note: This list is ordered by the relative measure of each link’s influence in the first week it debuted in the weekly Top 5. A link’s influence is a tally of the influence of each Twitter user who shared the link and tagged it #MRX, ignoring retweets from closely related accounts. Only links with a research angle are considered.