By Ray Poynter
Many people seem to think innovation starts with tech, but we believe it starts with people, and in particular innovations in qualitative research are all about people, interactions, and imagination. To facilitate this innovation IIeX has created the Qual Hackathon, an all day, interactive, co-creation session where participants will be challenged to create new solutions to real business problems. The event is being run as part of IIeX Europe, and will take place 19 February in Amsterdam.
This highly interactive session will be facilitated by leading qualitative researchers from across Europe, giving participants the chance to learn by doing and creating cutting edge qualitative solutions.
The team of facilitators are:
- John Griffiths, Planning Above and Beyond, UK
- Anouk Willems, InSites Consulting, Netherlands
- Nikki Lavoie, MindSpark, France
- Christoph Welter, Point-Blank International, Germany
- Siamack Salari, Journey HQ, Belgium
- Clara Origlia, Research and Strategy Consultant, Italy
- Rachel Lawes, Lawes Gadsby Semiotics, UK
- Nick Gadsby, Lawes Gadsby Semiotics, UK
The day will be split into four sections, with each section having a goal:
- Methods of defining a problem and designing an outline solution.
- Adding detail to a solution and working out how the data/artefacts/information are going to be collected/acquired.
- How is the information going to be assessed/analysed/processed? How are the insights going to be created/discovered?
- How are the insights going to be communicated? Strategies for making the stories come alive.
The results of the hackathon will be posted on the GreenBook website, and will be available as ‘idea starters’ for anybody interested – the session is ostentatiously open-source and collaborative – the ideas are intended to be shared, borrowed, and improved..
The Qual Hackathon is being run as part of IIeX Amsterdam. You can come along just for the Hackathon, make it part of your two days at IIeX, or come for part of the day and spend the rest of your time in the other IIeX streams.
To book a place or for more information visit http://iiex-eu.insightinnovation.org/