Of the 2,298 unique links shared on #MRX in the past two weeks, here are 10 of the most retweeted:
- Getting Personal: The Ever Growing Debate around Brand and Personalization – Personalization isn’t just inserting the recipient’s name in each email of a marketing campaign. Coca-Cola “personalized” its soda cans by printing each with a random selected common name, John Lewis offered personalized shopping bags with the shopper’s name, while McDonalds is piloting sandwich personalization to keep up with Subway and Chipotle.
- Creating a Research Transformation Agenda for 2015 – The pumpkins haven’t even been harvested yet, but Joel Rubinson has 5 New Year’s resolutions for you to consider as you look to move beyond traditional trackers and concept tests.
- Millennials’ Social Boundaries Changed by Mobile –AHavas Media Labs/Weve survey of 3,000 U.K. 16-to 24-year olds finds that:
- 79% report using their phones while on the toilet
- 74% can’t be separated from their mobile phones
- 67% are more confident exploring new places, thanks to GPS apps
- 35% report they plan less and participate in spontaneous get-togethers more often
- 29% think it is acceptable to check their phone in a business meeting
- Virtual Launch of The Handbook of Mobile Market Research– To celebrate the release of their new book, Ray Poynter, Navin Williams, and Sue York are hosting two upcoming webinars with a wide range of guests to discuss the topic of mobile market research.
- Economic Optimism Up to Second Highest Ever but 3 in 10 Are Still Worried About Paying the Bills – Ipsos shares the results of its latest UK tracking study, with economic optimism the second highest since the index began in 1978. (See their infographic below with other poll results.)
- Focus Group Therapy: When Market Research Has Unexpected Benefits – Maya Middlemiss of Saros Research shares the joy that focus-group participants report when they discover there are others like them: sufferers from “obesity, erectile dysfunction, chlamydia, chronic diarrhea, and bankruptcy” find in focus groups a safe place to share their experiences.
- Updated! Market Research Steps Up to the ALS #IceBucketChallenge (and Learns About Social Campaigns Too!) – Lenny Murphy shares a wide selection of Ice Bucket Challenge videos to raise awareness of ALS.
- 2014 NGMR Disruptive Innovation Award – Nominations are open for the NGMR awards, which will be announced and presented at the The Market Research Event in October.
- The 2014 AMA Gold Global Top 25 Report – The AMA shares the results of its analysis of the Homomichl Gold Global 25, the largest marketing research firms worldwide, which grew 3.3% in 2013, up from 2.6% in 2012.
Note: This list is ordered by the relative measure of each link’s influence in the first week it debuted in the weekly Top 5. A link’s influence is a tally of the influence of each Twitter user who shared the link and tagged it #MRX. Only market research links are considered, although the #MRX hashtag is occasionally used for other types of tweets, including – recently – tweets about Mr. X, an upcoming Indian 3D thriller film.