We just wrapped IIeX LatAm, so now it’s time for Wave 7 of the Insight Innovation Competition, this time in conjunction with the Insight Innovation Exchange North America event in Atlanta, Georgia June 16-18.
Have an idea that helps brands better understand consumers? Want to support the creation of the solutions of the future? This is your chance to make a difference and accelerate your business at the same time.
Imagined and organized by GreenBook, the Insight Innovation Competition helps budding entrepreneurs bring disruptive ideas to life, while connecting brands to fresh and untapped sources of competitive advantage through deeper consumer understanding.
Let yourself get excited, find inspiration, and have fun! Submit your game changing business idea now:
HOW IT WORKS:
Submissions and voting are now open and will run through May 16, 2014.
- Innovators submit a great idea that will change the future of marketing research and consumer insights.
- The market research industry votes on the ideas that have merit.
- Five finalists (and possibly a couple of wildcard entrants selected by the judging committee) are selected to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges at the Insight Innovation eXchange North America 2014.
- The winner gets mentoring, fame, and exposure to potential funding partners. Oh, and a $20,000 check!
- The industry benefits from a great new solution that improves how companies understand consumers.
In this seventh round, we’re giving new innovators the opportunity to submit their concepts for a crowdsourced round of voting. Past participating companies have seen their businesses accelerate due to their involvements in the Insight Innovation Competition, resulting in funding, partnerships, new clients, and global brand exposure.
- A check for $20,000.00 thanks to our generous sponsors Lowe’s Innovation lab, Gongos and Michigan State University MMR program
- Exposure to a large international audience of potential prospects, funding partners and investors, including The Lowe’s Innovation Lab, RICOH Accelerator and independent venture capitalists and angel investors
- A free consultation provided by Gen2 Advisors to help the winner develop a growth and expansion strategy
- A “Hot Desk 60”membership for one year at the Center for Social Innovation’s newest facility in the iconic Starrett-Lehigh building in Manhattan, which includes 60 hours of coworking space and 3 hours of meeting room access per month
- An invitation to present at the next Insight Innovation eXchange
- An interview to be posted on the GreenBook Blog, viewed by 36,000+ industry professionals per month
- An opportunity to work with successful senior leaders within the market research space
The Insight Innovation Competition is collaborating with the Lowe’s Innovation Lab & Ricoh Accelerator to help competition entrants gain awareness within a broad consortium of global brands.
All participating companies will be vetted for inclusion in the Lowe’s Innovation Lab and Ricoh Accelerator programs. Selected participants will gain guaranteed organic funding through pilot programs with program partner companies, as well as access to acceleration resources for marketing, strategy, finance, and business development.
In addition, all companies will be vetted for inclusion in the Ricoh Innovation Accelerator, an investment and business accelerator program focused on developing new technology solutions that can be applied to a host of business issues, including marketing insights.
“The Lowe’s Innovation Lab is thrilled to be partnering with the Insight Innovation Competition as one of our primary channels for identifying innovative companies that could be candidates for the Lab. We and our consortium of brand partners count on IIeX in general and the Competition specifically to help us stay abreast of emerging companies and finding new opportunities to help them grow and succeed.” – Kyle Nel, Head of Lowe’s Innovation Labs at Lowe’s Home Improvement
RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The company presenting the idea must be in business and the concept must be within the public domain already. You must be able to share your idea publicly. We’re not responsible for IP protection.
- Your company must be majority privately held. Angel seed funding is OK, but if you’ve taken outside investment money and do not have a majority stake left, this isn’t for you.
- Your company can reside anywhere in the world, but it’s your responsibility to ensure that the legal and tax requirements of your home country are met.
- It’s also your responsibility to get to the Insights Innovation Exchange event. A virtual presentation may be allowed under special circumstances, but it is less than ideal.
On June 16th, 2014, as part of Insight Innovation eXchange NA 2014, the finalists will present their concepts to a panel of judges comprised of sponsors of the competition in a live event. Each presentation will last 10 minute: 5 minutes to pitch and 5 minutes for Q&A from the judges.
Using a 10-point scale for each category, judges rate each presentation on:
- Originality of concept
- Presentation quality
- Market potential
- Ease of Implementation
After the presentations are complete, the judge will score each participating company.
On June 18th, 2014 we’ll reveal the scores. The highest final score wins. The winner takes home the $20k pot and chooses which of the judges they would like to engage with afterwards as a mentor.
Again, a big “Thank You!” to our sponsors for making the prizes available:
And a special thank you to to eCGlobal Solutions for building and managing a very cool submission site for the competition!
WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER
Only a few lucky startups get to come to the Insight Innovation eXchange every year. Here are some of the hottest, most innovative companies disrupting the marketing research and consumer insights industry who have won and benefited from participating in the Insight Innovation Competition.
Here is what past participants had to say about the Competition:
“IIEX provided our business with unprecedented access to potential clients and partners. We were flabbergasted by the dynamic atmosphere and the quality of the insights and inspiration provided. We’re addicted!”-Thomas Z. Ramsoy, PhD, CEO & Founder of Neurons Inc.
“The IIEX and the IIC provided exposure for my company like nothing else. We were able to meet with and cultivate customer relationships but, we ultimately were acquired by an IIEX attendee.”-Chad Nuesmeyer, CEO of Raw Data
Insight Innovation is a global content platform aiming to support innovation within the Insight Function. We connect brands, research suppliers, and emerging technology players who offer promising, innovative solutions for gathering insight through thought leadership content, international conferences in partnership with regional and global partners, and support to innovative start-ups. For more information, visit www.insightinnovation.org.