Of the 1,612 unique links shared on the Twitter #MRX community in the past two week, here are 10 of the most retweeted.
1. Harris Interactive to be acquired by Nielsen – Writing for Research, Bronwen Morgan discusses Nielsen’s intent to purchase Harris.
2. Twitter launches research community for UK users – Brian Tarran describes the new Twitter community #birdsignals run by Vision Critical.
3. MR – growing…growing…going? – Writing for a reinvigorated NewMR blog, Nasir Khan of Somra-MBL worries that 3 key issues threaten the research industry: our failure to understand our own industry, the rise of quick and dirty research tools, and our failure to recruit Generation Y to the research profession. “It’s high time we turn our weaknesses into strengths,” he writes.
4. Opportunities and threats in a brave new market research world – Edward Appleton untangles the conflicting emotions posed for researchers by ongoing changes in the industry.
5. MRS’s Impact Magazine wins Launch of the Year prize – Impact, the new quarterly publication of The Market Research Society (MRS), won best new launch, with the judges writing, “The magazine was true to its title, providing unique content that looked ahead rather than reporting the past, surprising and inspiring its readership while becoming the voice of the industry.”
6. Brilliant transformations: Inspiration from ESOMAR Qualitative 2013 – Anouk Williams of InSites Consulting identifies 3 key trends from ESOMAR Qual, moving the industry from outsourcing to collaboration (from “Do It Yourself to Do It Together”), from qualitative projects to fusion research (triangulation), from insights to impact.
7. Google Glass, natural language and personal Big Data – Tom H.C. Anderson has joined the Google Glass Explorer program and shares his vision for our visored future.
8. Wave 4 of The Insight Innovation Competition is live! – Lenny Murphy announced the latest round of the insight competition, welcoming firms serving the research industry to submit their ideas for judging, in order to win prizes and publicity.
9. Market research has a great future if it is brave enough to change – Jane Frost, CEO of the The Market Research Society, urges researchers to focus on 4 key messages: quality comes from using professional researchers, data risks must be managed, customer privacy is as important as corporate sustainability initiatives, and properly framing the research will produce a return on data investments.
10. Bruce Anderson joins Abacus Data as Chairman – Canadian pollster Bruce Anderson has joined Abacus Data, a full-service provider.
Note: This list is ordered by the relative measure of each link’s influence in the first week it debuted. A link’s influence is a tally of the influence of each Twitter user who shared the link and tagged it #MRX.