This recaps some of the highlights from the first few sessions of the Market Research in the Mobile World Conference being held in Cincinnati 7/18-7/19. The event sold out with 300+ attendees from Australia to China to Brazil, London and of course the U.S.
NOTE: This was originally posted on newqual.org, a blog focused on qualitative research. There are many attendees here from the quantitative side of the industry who should be blogging and tweeting from that perspective.
From Nathan Eagle, JANA
- No technology has been adopted faster in human history than mobile
- Mobile penetration is saturated in developed countries — growth will be from developing countries
- India and China will lead the growth of middle class consumption in the future, no longer North America and Northern Europe
- In Viet Nam, there are more mobile devices than people
- Technology has allowed researchers to be in the minds of consumers real time, which means big data is generated
- Yet, “succinct, pointed succulent pieces of information and patterns” have become “the holy grail” of market research
- Her analytical work flow focuses on what’s the overriding business issue, what are the core issues, and what are the insights?
- Story boards drive development of her market research presentations, or in her case… help craft her stories
- Using her creativity even further when dealing with knowledge transfer… she has also dressed up as a doctor who was there to “diagnose” the organization’s business problem and then hand over a written prescription providing the solution
Off to do man-on-the-street video interviews with attendees… catch you back here later!