OK, time for a little bit of shameless self-promotion, but I think you’ll appreciate why!
The GreenBook Marketing Research Directory, in Collaboration with Merlien Institute and the Center for Business Innovation and Creative thinking at the Coles College of Business, is pleased to announce the 2nd International conference on Market Research in the Mobile World: The future of Market Research is here! Are you ready for the challenge? It will be held 19-20 July 2011, in Atlanta, GA!
The aim of this conference is to bring together top market research and consumer insights executives to discuss the key challenges and opportunities of using mobile data collection tools to enhance and add value to market research.
The conference format will consist of submitted presentations, invited speeches as well as interactive discussion sessions. As with past events, this conference will provide excellent opportunities for participants to network with peers and engage in collaborative discussions on best practices, innovation methods, and new technology utilization.
We intend for this to be a deeply collaborative event, focused on discussions of evolving best practices, real-world applications, innovation, and emerging trends. Mobile research and the related impact on global society on all levels is fundamentally transforming market research; this is the event where we bring together leading stakeholders to truly engage on the topic and develop ways to take advantage of this changing paradigm. Space is limited, so Register Now
I can tell you that we’re already planning a stellar line-up of invited speakers and presenters, and abstracts for consideration in the program are already pouring in! Directions to submit your own proposal for presenting are below and the cut-off for submissions is coming up fast, so if you want to be considered as a presenter act now!
We hope that you’ll join us in Atlanta in July to define the future of market research. It’s going to be hot, but this event will be even hotter!
Call for Abstracts/Presentations:
Market Research and Consumer Insights executives are encouraged to submit their presentation abstracts including but not limited to the topics of interests listed below:
- Going beyond data collection: offering richer insights, easy access, convenience and flexibility.
- How to integrate mobile research into traditional research paradigms.
- Assessing the implications of mobile data collection on research design.
- Apps, SMS, or WAP: exploring the benefits and limits of each approach.
- Cheaper, Faster, Shorter: the dynamics of mobile research.
- Is mobile research the key to emerging markets?
- What are the pros and cons of conducting mobile research using qualitative and quantitative methods?
- Collecting geo-location (GPS) data using mobile devices: applications and issues.
- What are the ethics and validity issues with regards to conducting market research with mobile devices?
- The issue of context: how to collect and use environmental information while conducting mobile research?
- Understanding when to use mobile over traditional data collection methods.
- Evaluating the type of research most suitable for capturing spontaneous and immediate responses via mobile.
- Developing a natural way to convey information about specific situations using mobile research.
- Gaining broad and deep ethnographic insights of consumers using mobile methods.
- Dealing with target groups that are less familiar with mobile devices: how to bring them closer?
- Dealing with mobile users’ acceptance of mobile research: what are the effective incentives?
- Integrating social media marketing and mobile research: what are the tools and techniques?
- Convincing clients that mobile research is the future: how to ‘sell’ mobile research to customers?
- Developing super-fast analysis methods for analysing real-time data generated by mobile users.
- Mobile data overload: how to analyse large amount of mobile data (e.g. pictures, videos) efficiently and effectively?
- Choosing the right online platforms for mobile research: what are the implications for research methodology?
- What are the challenges in building mobile and dual-mode online panels?
- Developing software applications for collecting data from mobile devices e.g. smartphones, tablet pcs (Ipads) etc…
- What are the legal constraints and limitations on the use of mobile collection methods?
- Mobile research and the future of the industry; what is next and what are the implications for market research?
21 March 2011: Abstracts only (for all types of contributions)
1 April 2011: Acceptance notification, registration and payment
1 July 2011: Final Submissions (including papers & presentation slides)
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities:
The MRMW2011 conference provides a perfect opportunity for service providers to network, create brand awareness and showcase company’s products and services. For more information on our range of sponsorship & exhibition packages, please contact us for more details.
Conference Venue and Transportation:
The Center for Business Innovation and Creative thinking at the Coles College of Business is a Center of Excellence at Kennesaw State University. Founded in 1963, Kennesaw State University (KSU) is the third-largest university in Georgia with more than 22,500 undergraduate and graduate students representing 142 countries. The State-of-the-art KSU Center is located just northwest of Atlanta in Cobb County near historic Kennesaw Mountain, allowing all delegates to experience the best of Atlanta while enjoying the serenity of a 384-acre, beautifully landscaped pedestrian-friendly campus.
The Metro-Atlanta area offers myriad attractions, shopping, fine dining, sporting events, outdoor activities, and the best of Southern living. To explore entertainment options close to the event click any of the links below. Please note that like many U.S. cities, local public transportation service is not available. All delegates are advised to rent a vehicle or take a taxi upon arrival at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
Please note that no single local hotel can accommodate this event so we have reserved blocks of rooms at each of the hotels below and negotiated discounted rates for this event. Each hotel is within easy walking distance of the event venue and each other. Space and time are limited; in order to take advantage of the group rates you MUST make your reservations by June 1st, 2011. To get the discounted rate call each hotel directly and reference “Merlien”
Comfort Suites At Kennesaw State University (GA539)
3366 Busbee Drive NW, Kennesaw, GA, US, 30144
Phone: (678) 275-2090
Fax: (678) 275-2095
This is going to be THE “Must Attend” conference of the year focused solely on the subject of Mobile MR. By design, the event is going to be limited in size, so register now to ensure you get a spot. On behalf of everyone involved, we’re looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta in July!